Sunday, December 18, 2011

and Christmas is upon us...



As it begins to thunder outside the furbabies & I wait for the rain to begin.  We have had a nice lazy day today, watching movies, getting a crockpot meal ready to cook tomorrow while I am at work for a potluck with my Reiki group tomorrow night.  The clock is striking 10 p.m. & it is almost time to turn in for the night & get a good night's sleep in preparation for the work week.

The proximity of Christmas means it is one month to my next birthday.  A milestone birthday.  I have been thinking about my life quite a bit lately.  November marked the 7th anniversary of my brother's death at age 47, December 1st marked the first anniversary of my Mom's death, & it has been 5 months since my beloved Miss Evelyn crossed over.  I will not be sad to see 2011 pass from view.  It has been a hard year.  A year filled with so much.  As Sparky said Saturday, it's a wonder either of us are sane.  I know the stress probably has exacerbated the flareup of my thyroid problems - my counts are way out of whack & I am on my second change in dosage plus a complete change of medications twice.  We shall see how I am doing when I see the doctor the 30th.  Lately I have felt just plain awful.  My head hasn't been right, feels like it could just explode & I am very, very cranky not to mention how fatigued I am by noon each day.  Ready to get the levels back to "normal" so I can feel better.  But I am blessed.  I just have an out of whack thyroid.

With all that has happened in the last 12 months & my approaching birthday, I have been reflecting on how I want to spend my 3rd Act.  In listening to an interview with Jane Fonda on her new book she mentioned she divided her life into 3 Acts- The first 30 yrs, the 2nd 30 yrs, & the last 30 yrs.  So  I figure I am going to be starting my 3rd Act in 2012.  I could say it is the last year of my 2nd Act.  But whichever, I have lived far more years than I have ahead of me.  I have reinvented myself more than once.  I can name the Acts based on who I was during each of those 30 yr periods.  I think I will devote all of next year's writings to revisiting those Acts.  Revisiting my personas.  Explaining how I became who I am today - how I came to my authentic self.

So, as I celebrate Winter Solstice on 12/21/2011, Christmas, then New Year's Eve I will begin to formulate my writings.  Begin to fully, deeply explore my life & document the complete Journey.  It will be quite a story, many stories in fact, some sad, some tragic, some happy, some exciting, some scary, some boring, some funny, but all of them honest.

As we close out 2011 dear ones, I wish you Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, & above all blessings, love, enlightenment, joy, & fulfillment.  May your Journey in 2012 be filled with excitement, understanding, tolerance, acceptance, & peace.  May we all know Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards All Creatures Great & Small.  May we all find acceptance, understanding, & tolerance for that which we cannot see, for that which we do not understand, for those who differ from us in beliefs, cultures, lifestyles, & may we all know the Unconditional Love of Mother God, Father God, All that Is, & All that will ever Be.   Light, Love, & Blessings, dear ones!!

~~blessed be...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess it is time for me to prod you again. Ok, so you missed your January post and it seems your February post too. Well, It is time to get back into the swing of things.......miss you....kt