Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Me Hijo

This is the one day, for the last 33 yrs, that I know exactly what I was doing every minute of the day. My son was born in Austin, TX at 10:59 pm on June 24, 1976. He is my heart, the light of my life. He is the one who gave me the courage to live. He is the one that I honor every June 24th. I fell in love with him the moment he was laid in my arms & that has never changed. I made many mistakes as a Mom, but one thing never changed. I love my son with all that I am. Always have, always will.


He is a wonderful man, his trials have been by fire. He is scorched & refined but not bowed. Me Hijo (as I have called him since he was 3 yrs old) is a fine man, a good husband, a devoted father to my 3 wonderful grands. He inspires me to be the best I can be in these remaining days that I Journey through the Adventure that is my Life. I have taken him on some hairy adventures & for that I am sorry. I thank Great Spirit that he survived.


Happy, Happy Birthday Me Hijo!! I love you more than words can ever say. Thank you for letting me be your Mom--it is an honor & a priviledge to know you.

***the song's for you*** Child of Mine by Emmylou Harris

blessed be...