Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tornado

As most everyone knows, Lone Grove OK was devastated by a tornado last night. 8 confirmed dead, 30-40 still unaccounted for right now with another 50 or so going to the hospital with injuries. We had warning, the sirens blew but my part of OK has received the first storm of the season. I do not live in Lone Grove, but I am as we say in OK within spitting distance. Got a lot of high wind & rain at my house after the tornado passed. I could see the wall cloud from my porch when the lightening lit up the sky. I was on the phone with Sparky when the sirens went off so I got leashes on the furkids & hit my safe spot. Lost the phone (land line) for just a few minutes never lost electricity or cell phone & the biggest shock my Dish never went out so I had weather coverage til I went to bed. I called my son in Missouri to tell him I was safe & he had seen the coverage there. The Today Show had coverage, the Weather Channel is in town. Edmond also had a tornado yesterday afternoon, but no deaths--Thank God!!!


So, just wanted my Tribe to know that while it was close I am safe. Please pray for all those who are not, for those who lost their homes, for those who lost their loved ones. If you can help in other ways please contact the Red Cross.



Blessed be...

3 comments:

country girl said...

So glad that you and your family, including furkids, were not hurt. It is so early in the season for those darn things to strike. I grew up in Minneapolis and remember the horror of tornadoes. Global warming or not?

Wife, Mom, and Slave said...

I'm glad to know you were safe. You were on my mind last night while I was making all of my calls to family. The hospital my mom works at had every patient in the basement. That was the first time in 31 yrs that they had ever done that. My father lives in Edmond but he was safe.I know this sounds crazy BUTTTTTT I miss Oklahoma and this time of year.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

I'm so glad you're OK. We never know where these things will go or who they will take with them.