Thursday, December 4, 2008

Who Are You???



I am_______________

A Baby Boomer, Mom, daughter, grandmother, friend, ex-hippie, former Wild Child (I proudly express this on my front license plate), a survivor, a confident woman, loyal, proud, humorous, friendly, sometimes frustrating especially to my boyfriend, sometime enchanting.

I live_______________

In Southcentral OK just off I-35 in a small house with a nice yard

I work______________

For an insurance agent. New field for me, but ever the assistant, ever efficient and hardworking

My favorite___________

Food: Mexican or Thai
Place: Key West, the Oregon/Washington coast, mountains of Montana

My inspiration___________

My brother

Music_______________

60's Rock, Southern Rock, Classic Country, Old-time Gospel, Folk--no Opera, no Hip Hop, no Rap, but I listen to most anything else

Books_______________

Novels, biographies, true crime. Anything of a spiritual nature, I read the Bible, all Eastern religions, I have read the Koran, The Book of Morman, anything on Native American Spirituality.

Family________________

One son, one daughter-in-law, one grandson, two granddaughters, Mother, Step-Father (who adores me BTW). Most importantly--My Tribe!! those who are my family of choice even though we share no blood.

My darlin' "boys"--the FURKIDS: Lobo "Little Lobo/Lobee", Scrappy "ScrapMan/Scrapster/Scrapmeister", & Zane "Zaner/ZaneyDog/LittleMan". They are a joy in my life-the unconditional love makes me want to be the person they think I am. Lobo is a miniature schnauzer as is Scrappy. Lobo is an AKC Miniature Schnauzer that my Mom bought for me 4 yrs ago. He was bred by a friend of mine who is a policeofficer who was on the force with my bro. He is such a duffous. Very funny, the perpetual puppy. I think he has the Peter Pan complex. Scrappy was on death row in OKC, rescued by Pet Angels, & found by me on http://www.petfinder.com/. He is so laid back & affectionate-the moment I met him I knew he was my forever pupster. Scrappy saved me & Lobo from a pitbull attack. That little dog just put himself between us & went after that big dog. It was amazing his fierceness to protect me. Luckily, he got away with only one minor puncture wound on his head. Zane is also a rescue from Fido Knows found on http://www.petfinder.com/. He is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi/Miniature Schnauzer mix. He is tri-colored with little short legs, but he thinks he is a Rottweiler. Too cute!! I just fell in love with his pic & knew he was my forever pupster. He rounded out our little family.

Causes________________

Animal rights, Women's rights, Environmental rights, Human rights, Endangered species, Adoption of shelter animals, down with puppy mills

I blog__________________

because it is a great way to stay in touch with my Tribe, I meet wonderfully interesting new people all over the place. It is a creative outlet, it is my online journal (I print it off each year & save it with my handwritten journal).

Dreams_______________

To win the lottery & use my funds for good causes, live in the mountains, live at the beach, travel cross country again, open an animal rescue sanctuary, work with battered women, have a holistic center for retreats.

Tattos________________

Yes, 4 to be exact. A howling wolf (my totem animal, more about that in a future post), a yellow rose (I got this one after I had been clean & sober for 3 mos- I now have almost 14 yrs), the Stars & Bars (to signify my Southern Heritage-it is NOT a racial statement but simply a pride in my ancestery), a cherub & if you look close enough you will see very small horns in the head(signifies that I know my angels are always looking over me, sitting on my shoulder, but that my evil twin could surface at any moment-just when I think I have killed her she can resurface, but the incidents are getting fewer & further between).

**********************************************************


Well, that's me. Who are you???? (song by The Who)






Blessed be...

1 comment:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

I love that artwork posted here. It reminds me of things I did during math class in junior high! It makes me happy just looking at it. I love your answers!

I left a note for you on my blog comment section, but will tell you here, since I'm terrible about checking back where I've left comments for feedback upon feedback.

I feel a connection to you even though we've never met. You remind me of my former sister-in-law. I loved her as a true sister and losing was one of the worst parts of the divorce.